liz & ramon {Orlando, Central Florida Engagement Photographer}

I can’t say enough about how much of a pleasure it was to work with this sweet couple for their engagement shoot. It’s a marathon post but that’s because we shot it over an entire weekend and I just couldn’t pare down the selection any further. This is probably one of the most gracious and supportive couples I’ve ever worked with. They trusted me completely and were up for whatever i asked them to try. Thank you a million times over Liz and Rrrrramon for your care, enthusiasm, and commitment to making this session truly yours, and inviting me to be a part of it.

Here’s what Liz had to say about it…

“Where words fail, music speaks” – Hans Christian Anderson.

Our DIY e-session was such a thrill as every scene was filled with unique touches that are meaningful to me. Being surrounded by so many heirlooms is one of the things I loved most about our e-shoot.  Pictures celebrating Ramon and me, while still paying homage to the history of love that came before ours, made me feel like it wasn’t just the two of us in that field; it was a host of lovers and family. We were standing on the shoulders of giants.

The piano theme was especially sweet, as my fiancé and I first bonded over our love for music and playing the piano – it is still one of our favorite pastimes together. We found this little gem on Craigslist (for free!) and with a lot of strong help we were able to get it home. My FH, Dad, and brother had a week’s worth of “manly time” taking out each and every piece of the piano’s insides in order to make it a bit lighter in weight.  I then was able to take the ever-handy spray paint and coat it with a fun robin’s egg blue – one of our wedding colors.  Finally, my mom did a beautiful job shabby chic-ing it with the sander to give it that perfect, imperfect look. It turned out so lovely, and we are excited to incorporate this into the décor at the actual wedding, perhaps adorning it with photos of this e-shoot!  My younger sister even came up from college several hours away to help with my hair, makeup, flowers, fruit – you name it, they did it.

I am so grateful to my parents, as they came to the photo shoot and were running around the field getting each scene beautifully set up. Every prop we used for the shoot was something from my family’s home: heirlooms rich with meaning. The piano was draped with a lace tablecloth passed down from my great grandmother, the candelabra was an engagement gift given to my parents, who in kind gave to Ramon and me. A Bible, which belonged to my grandmother, is tucked into the corner of the piano shoot. Inside, the weathered bindings stretch to make room for all the love letters she put there from my grandfather – Ramon read those letters to me during the session. There were two gold pocket watches, one from my father’s side, one from my mother’s, both set to the date of our wedding 4:16 (4/16/2011). The pictures and picture frames, the picnic blanket, piano bench, crystal cake plate, down to the pearls around my neck, was all from family. Everything has a story and is part of our history.

The picnic scene itself came together at the last minute. Shipra, mom and I were sitting around chatting and daydreaming the night before the photo-shoot, talking about the “English Garden Tea Party” theme in our wedding. That’s when we decided to add a picnic scene with teacups and fun desserts. That scene, loaded with special touches, included colorful fruits and sweets that weren’t antique, but they sure tasted great after the photo-shoot (and during, since Ramon couldn’t keep his hands off of them!).

The entire shoot was such fun. Shipra is the most creative person in the world: she wove my themes and precious memories into everything. One of my favorite memories was the way she giggled with excitement every time she took that perfect shot. She kept us laughing and smiling.

Standing in a field of long, golden grass, being photographed with the man you love and plan to spend the rest of your life with, seems like a standard enough engagement shoot.  Ours, however, was anything but ordinary and I owe it in large part to all the people that came together and helped make it happen.  Without Shipra’s enthusiasm, encouragement, and tenacity, this shoot would not have been the same. It was her vision that took my idea of a piano in a field and turned it into a love story.

Now you know why I love this couple so much! They were fully involved and invested in making their engagemnt session absolutely amazing

And now for the results…
Shipra Panosian Photography ~ Engagement and Wedding Photographer serving Dallas, Texas and Orlando, Central Florida

August 29, 2010 - 5:20 pm

Victoria - Shipra! You did an amazing job with liz and ramon! These are by FAR the BEST engagement photos I have EVER seen!!! Simply stunning!! Liz and Ramon—you guys look FABULOUS!!! Very Mad Men meets Fairy Tale. Heres to a whole lifetime of beautiful pictures! Cheers!

August 29, 2010 - 6:18 pm

Jane - Wow.

August 31, 2010 - 4:56 pm

Jay Hoque - Amazing images Shipra! Always a pleasure viewing your work.
How you been by the way? Any developments on what we spoke about sometime ago?

September 1, 2010 - 1:44 pm

shalonda - GOODNESS GRACIOUS S i am in awe….i love every single second of this shoot…right down to her yellow peeptoes and red nails matching the fruit on the fruit bowl….incredible!

September 2, 2010 - 1:37 am

Olivia Carranza - WOW!!!! Shipra, these are absolutely breathtaking!! The first thing that came to my mind was timeless :) I just adore these!!!! I’m sure it helped to have two beautiful people in front of the camera! ;) Liz and Ramon, I’m so happy for you both!

September 3, 2010 - 10:45 am

Crystal Keilers - Too many amazing shots to choose just one. Wow. Love the mirrors, love the fruit, love the styling, and I LOVE her ring!!!

September 3, 2010 - 8:30 pm

Eric Kotara - WOW, you really rocked this shoot. Love the posing, the details, the tight compositions. It all rocks!!!

September 3, 2010 - 9:21 pm

Just Alex Photography - Excellent job – these images are stunning.

September 3, 2010 - 9:39 pm

Joey Chandler - Wow – that is an amazing amount of incredible shots. Hard to be that couple with the pressure of having to choose any one over all the rest. Great, Great job.

September 3, 2010 - 9:51 pm

Amber Hughes - These are ridiculous awesome Shipra! Amazing work!

September 3, 2010 - 9:58 pm

Stephie Mortimer - WOW. these are great. I love the entire session. AWESOME job on their part and yours. Again, LOVE it!!!

September 3, 2010 - 10:26 pm

Shyann - Wow.. these are phenomenal! Every one of them is perfect! Great job!

September 4, 2010 - 12:19 pm

Nessa K - Swoon!

September 4, 2010 - 2:00 pm

Vida Carson - OH. MY. GOSH.
I love every single one of them.

September 4, 2010 - 2:48 pm

ayesha - shipra… these are just phenomenal! the light, the love, the care and thought that went into it… looks like it was an amazing experience for everyone. and they are SUCH a cute couple! :)

September 4, 2010 - 7:39 pm

Heather - I. LOVE. SUSPENDERS.

You simply hit this one out of the park, the city, and the planet.

Awesome.

September 5, 2010 - 11:04 am

Kaylee Eylander - Wow. Total inspiration!!

September 5, 2010 - 2:44 pm

Albert Palmer - Wow – these really are just incredible. I know you know that. I know all the other commentators know that and I bet your clients know that! But I couldn’t help say that again. Incredible!

September 5, 2010 - 10:09 pm

Amanda Basteen - These are amazing Shipra! Love the whole set and your processing!

September 6, 2010 - 12:19 am

Lisa Novakowski - Um, WOW!!! Beyond words, really. I am blown away, and these are just amazing. I don’t have favorites, because they are all so great, but the ones of her in the mirror are incredible. A gorgeous couple with, obviously, an artistic flair themselves, must have been icing on a perfect cake!

September 6, 2010 - 11:21 pm

MaryElaine Cline - I couldn’t be more pleased to see my daughter look just as radiantly beautiful in these photos as she does in “real life.” You captured the true beauty of this sweet couple, whom I am proud to call my kids, both inside and out. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

September 8, 2010 - 9:17 pm

Elizabeth & Ramon - You worked your magic and did an absolutely phenomenal job! We can’t thank you enough for everything you did for us. We feel so honored to have been able to work with such an amazingly talented photographer, and can’t wait for all that is to come with the wedding! WE LOVE YOU!

December 2, 2010 - 4:43 pm

photography orlando florida - These are amazing engagement photos. Thanks for sharing.

February 29, 2012 - 9:29 am

Brett Symes - these are truly stunning. Original, gentle, romantic and intimate. WOW

September 20, 2013 - 6:59 pm

Amanda - This is a beautiful field! I you don’t mind me asking, where did you shoot this?

November 30, 2010 - 5:45 pm

Memento Designs » Elizabeth + Ramon: Save the Date & Engagement Session - [...] are a handful of Shipra Panosian’s masterpieces that she so graciously shared with us and the 2-sided Save the Date invitation I [...]