busy making beanies

Been a busy bee crocheting and knitting away around here. I wanted to make some things for Raenah and like everything else to do with her, I got carried away. Why have one cute accessory when you can have a dozen?! She’s like the doll I never had and it’s really quite pitiful how much I enjoy dolling her up.
I really like the book Baby Beanies by A. Keeys which has some wonderful knit patterns and well written tutorials.
For everything crochet, I use Teresa’s blog and you-tube videos. She’s very detailed and makes learning crochet simple.
I’ve also recently joined Ravelry which is an online community of people with tons of free patterns and ideas, and has been a God-send in helping me develop my fiber-crafting skills. I’ve also been browsing Etsy a lot lately. I love ‘hand-made’ and some of the artisans on Etsy are truly amazing and inspirational. I want to learn how to embroider next so if anyone has any online resources for me to check out, let me know.

May 23, 2009 - 1:23 am

Life on The Rowland Ranch - Naomi NEEDS a beenie..like her dear friend Raenah!! I’m just racking my brain here, trying to think of something we could exchange…creamy chicken enchiladas won’t make it to Maine..will they? :) Love you and love your sweet girl, all these pix…and I’ll forever be amazed by your incredible talent!! You are truly gifted!!!!

May 23, 2009 - 9:06 pm

Vicki Miller - Shipra STOP posting pictures if that baby……….I WANT HER!!!! I NEED HER, and ALL of those stinkin HATS. This baby better be a girl , or he will have to just be PRETTY for a little bit!! I will make you something:)))

May 24, 2009 - 1:23 am

The Keilers - You need to sell these! These are amazing! I’d love to swap little baby clips or a embellished onesie or a floral broach or hair clip for mama. What do you need?

(And fyi, I’m going to put this in my baby hope chest, I won’t give it away!!!;).

(Again, I wish we lived in the same city! I just love your taste woman!)

May 26, 2009 - 3:19 pm

Anthony - GREAT colors!

I make a wicked paper airplane. Trade?

May 26, 2009 - 4:16 pm

Shipra Panosian - Ok everyone, I just need to know the head meausurements. Measure the widest part of your child’s head and email it to me. Game on! Wahoo! Please email me at shiprapanosian@gmail.com and don’t forget to include an address.

Jane – I agree, Naomi needs one :) Vick – can’t send you the baby, just a beanie, should I make a newborn one or one for Lucy?Crystal -I’ll make you a baby beanie in a neutral color for a guy or girl if you like?
Anthony -can you make three paper planes (one for each of my boys?) or would that be too much of an ordeal?

May 26, 2009 - 6:55 pm

Anonymous - Okay, I’m in…..make Bella a beanie and I’ll see what I have lurking around that is itching to be made into something! pillowcase dress, anyone?? LOL…

May 26, 2009 - 6:55 pm

Amy - oops, I’m the “anonymous”….forgot to put in my name!

May 26, 2009 - 9:40 pm

Khushbi - I WANT ONE!!!!! I would love one for Jayden. I can send you anything you may think you want….more baby stuff??? Great pics BTW.