making baby headbands

Raenah’s hair is finally growing and it’s at the stage that all these wispy strands float across her line of vision.   I’ve seen all these flowery headbands online and figured they ought to be simple enough to put together so…

I bought some 1/4″ elastic at Jo Ann’s and sewed a small one inch piece onto the ends of a length of grosgrain ribbon so that it fits around Raenah’s head.  Then I sewed a tiny pom-pom silk rose (also found at Jo Anns) onto the ribbon.  I made a few clips too with the tiniest Goody metal clips you’ve ever seen in your life!  Sooooo sweet and a quick and simple project.

IMG_4007

oh a side note, thanks Crystal for this lovely idea.  You mentioned it would be a good nursery idea and it made me think of a few outfits Raenah has grown out or that are stained but are still sentimental keepsakes.  I thought this would be a lovely way to use the outfits and dress up her bare wall as well.

IMG_4039

a little bird for my Raen-bird.  She wore this onesie for her 6 month pics – I’m so glad I saved it.

IMG_9538

February 28, 2010 - 2:20 am

Jane - O. MY. WORD. These headbands are just adorable!!!!! And what a brilliant idea to make the wall hangings!!! Wowee!! Love it! Is that Raen-bird’s bedroom??!!!! Too cute!!!
Did I get enough exclamation points in my comment? :)
Love and miss you so very much my friend.

March 1, 2010 - 5:30 am

Crystal.keilers@gmail.com - Oh my goodness. See this is what I mean. We’re long lost kindred spirits. At least we can be blogger friends, for like ever.

You have exquisite taste. I love your brain.

March 1, 2010 - 3:58 pm

Jody - Welcome to the fun, fancy world of baby girl hair! Looks like you’re having a great time! Precious headbands!

March 2, 2010 - 12:46 am

Amy - Adorable….

March 4, 2010 - 12:52 am

shalonda - oh s its been so logn since i have visited you i have alot to catch up on….love this tip on the headbands….and what a beautiful model you have ; )

March 22, 2010 - 11:34 am

Amy H - Shipra!! I am just discovering your website. Love. Your kids are so beautiful and your photos are amazing. Oh–and I am totally, TOTALLY stealing the clothes-as-art idea. Woohoo!

March 29, 2010 - 11:12 pm

alpana - she is such a cutie pie!! love those headbands. Ha, I will have to order some from you.

April 11, 2010 - 10:37 pm

Edric Morales - What a great idea!! I must tell my wife about it. She is so sad to let go of the outgrown outfits. This is a perfect way to keep them :)