tanya & imran ~ tampa wedding photographer ~ grand hyatt tampa bay

Few things are as visually inspiring and vibrant as an Indian wedding, and Tanya and Imran’s joyous celebration at the Grand Hyatt in Tampa Bay was no exception. My 12 year old son came in while I was working on these photographs, took one look at a picture of Tanya that was up on my screen, and announced quite seriously as he meandered out of my office, “yup, I’m marrying an Indian.”

I have no objections.

Some favorites…

For those of you that might not know, there’s a fun tradition in Indian weddings where the groom’s shoes are ‘stolen’ by the bride’s family. The groom’s side of the family tries to protect the shoe but in this case, the girls got a hold of them.  Once the ceremony is over and the groom needs his shoes back, the girls surround him and ask for an obscene amount of money which the groom has to pay in order to get his shoes back.  This was the first time I’ve seen full-out negotiations going back forth for well over 30 minutes!  They even pulled a lawyer into the mix to try mediate between the parties since the no one was coming to a good payment compromise.  It was hilarious and I had a hard time squeezing myself through the heated participants as they hollered their terms back and forth.

The picture above is Imran’s expression when one of the girl’s family demanded something like $5000!

The shoes were finally bought back for $1000.

Thank you to my friend Sammantha for coming along and second shooting for me. Epic ring shot at the end? That was her. I get to work with the most talented people!

From the Bride ~
VenueGrand Hyatt Tampa Bay

Wedding Inspiration – Modern, elegance, boldness, glamour, non- traditional, damask

Favorite moments – My favorite moments were getting ready with my favorite girls all around me, putting on the outfit, getting the portraits taken outside, having the first look with Imran, walking in to the ballroom with Imran by my side, listening to the speeches from people who love us dearly, walking around and talking to people during dinner time, and watching the slideshow and seeing the reactions of people from the pictures and videos in the slideshow, and last but not least- the groom’s shoe stealing tradition!

We wore – Dress for the bride and shirvani for the groom was custom made to the liking of the bride and groom from Pakistan, Bride’s shoes were Badgley Mischka, jewelry was from Pakistan (which the dress was designed to match the jewelry), bride’s nose ring was her mom’s that she wore on her wedding 30 years ago, bridesmaids wore matching sari’s which were a last minute pick (literally found and picked out 5 days before the reception).

Decor - Votive candles with mine and Imran’s name; we tried to have centerpieces for the appetizer tables that were tall champagne glasses with fish inside….bad idea….the fish all died even before the event started!

Favorite Blogs or Magazines used in planning the wedding – Thank goodness for Google Images LOL

Advice for Brides – Plan, Plan, Plan, but remember no matter how much planning you do, there will at least one thing that won’t go right, even if it is a minor thing. Also, every bride will have a bridezilla moment…just make sure it ‘s only around people who really love you no matter how bridezilla you get!

Thanks – God for letting this beautiful event occur, and as cheezy and routine as this may sound… many, many thanks to my amazing husband Imran.

Vendors:
Photography – Shipra Panosian Photography
Make-up – Christy McDonie
Hair – Elegant Wedding Hair
Lighting and Florist- Tarak Patel from Kish Weddings
DJ – DJ Pram
Videographer – Nima Film
Food was from Chef Desmond, Clay Oven
Cake from Lori at Hyatt’s bakery.

July 27, 2011 - 1:20 am

Kathleen Frank - Breathtaking. Gorgeous couple and you brought every bit of those colors to life. Each photo has such a sense of magic & beauty. So in love with this wedding!

July 27, 2011 - 1:41 am

Jake - I’m not kidding. These are amazing.

Please. If you EVER need a second shoot for an Indian wedding – call me first! How beautiful. The shot of her holding up her arm with all the bracelets. Shipra, you are just spectacular.

- Jake

July 27, 2011 - 2:26 am

Nima - Shipra! These are amazing! Great set!!!

July 27, 2011 - 9:26 am

Kristi Wright - Gorgeous!!! The bride is stunning. love their first look pics!

July 27, 2011 - 6:01 pm

nirav - Dang Shipra, workin’ that contax!! Love those film images :)

July 28, 2011 - 4:16 pm

Mimi - SHIPRA ~ I am speechless!!! (which is rare, trust me) But seriously, I don’t know how these could be any better! I can’t pick a favorite, but the rainbow adds a beautiful touch to the photo of the couple’s profile, walking.

August 2, 2011 - 9:19 pm

Heather K - That third shot- the black and white one- is incredibly stunning. The simplicity of it is deceiving considering how strong it is emotionally! You did a fabulous job, Shipa. The bridal portraits are magazine-quality perfection- but with a humor and down to earth feel that is obviously your touch. :) Awesome work!!

August 2, 2011 - 9:50 pm

Rima - I adore your work!! Scrumptious images, Shipra! And killer ring shot at the end!

August 2, 2011 - 10:24 pm

Leah Kua - These are truly STUNNING! They are some of the most exquisite bridal portraits I have ever seen as well.

August 2, 2011 - 10:33 pm

Derrys - awesome session. Indian weddings have always been a fave of mines though I have not shot any. Absolutely stunning work

August 3, 2011 - 1:49 am

benj haisch - holy wow. these are freakin’ awesome.

August 3, 2011 - 8:29 am

Jared Tseng - Insanely gorgeous! Really stunning work Shipra!

August 3, 2011 - 9:57 am

Emily Porter - The first three shots were so striking that I had to keep scrolling up and down to stare at them again before moving on. Love that first black and white. And the ceremony (?) shot with all the bokeh?? SO great!

August 3, 2011 - 10:32 am

Kat Forsyth - Holy WOW, these are amazing! You got some incredible shots, especially of the bride (love her jewellery!) and then of the reception festivities. Great shot of Imran’s face in the shoe tradition bit – I think that’s one for Moment Junkie!

August 3, 2011 - 10:35 am

Nathan Gilmer - These are all stunning. The first half of just the couple is my favorites. Super well done.

August 3, 2011 - 12:16 pm

Timothy Kaldas - Beautiful coverage Shipra. I love the black and white portrait of the bride with her eyes shut. It’s stunning.

August 3, 2011 - 12:59 pm

Samantha - Love this whole wedding session.
…Interesting nose ring.

August 3, 2011 - 1:05 pm

Steve Koo - Some great work here, Shipra! Nice job!

August 3, 2011 - 2:10 pm

Caroline Ghetes - Okay, obviously these people are gorgeous as can be. But Shipra, DANG! You are killing it!!! :)

August 5, 2011 - 12:25 pm

Joanna - Oh! These are to die for. How gorgeous!! I love the shots with the glimmery bokeh in front of the couple, so glamorous.

August 8, 2011 - 9:07 am

Paul Fuller - The colours are just mind blowing. Seriously, you’ve absolutely nailed that wedding,brilliant!

August 10, 2011 - 11:09 am

Stephanie - Shipra I see your talent and vision continue to amaze me with each wedding you photograph. You are amazing!