The Palladino Family ~ Wekiwa Springs State Park, Florida

Some of us just aren’t born to write. I would be one of the ‘some of us.’ I can make amazingly long lists, I like to write handwritten notes, I can come up with a few sentences for my blog. And that’s pretty much the extent of it. I tell photographic stories and pray that my images speak for me. Elaine however is one of the the gifted few who can not only wield a camera like a boss, she’s also an incredibly gifted writer. Her way with words is inspired and as I was prepping the images from our shoot together, I read her most recent  post “A Letter To My Unborn Son.” It is incredible and you just NEED to race over to her blog to read it too.

At the end of the letter to her son Logan, who was born just a weeks after their family session, she has a postscript that says…

“Be prepared to laugh.  A Lot.  It’s our favorite thing.”

And that’s the perfect way to introduce these images of the Palladino family to you. Be prepared to see a lot of laughing. It’s Elaine & Mike’s  favorite thing.

Thank you E & M.  First for your friendship.  And secondly for choosing me to to tell this story…

September 18, 2013 - 9:27 am

Jessica Connery Photography - Shipra, your photography always take my breath away. There is never anything contrived in your portraits and by the time I get to the end I feel like I know your couples. I love this session and how they are just being themselves. And the rain at the end? I died. Also, I hope Mike took his keys and cell phone out of his pocket before they got in the water:) Mike & Elaine, congratulations on the birth of your son Logan!!! Keep on laughing, one of the most important things you can teach your kids.

September 19, 2013 - 10:11 pm

ayesha - oh shipra… these are absolutely lovely! you can see their love and joy in each other in every image. what a wonderful family for little logan to be born into. and despite what you said i thought your written intro to the post was beautifully written :)

September 20, 2013 - 1:55 am

Lauren - LOVE!! such a fun maternity session, love the location too!!

September 20, 2013 - 2:39 am

ALMA // - Awesome maternity session!!

September 20, 2013 - 7:26 am

Joseph - Hooray for Laughing. Good call Palladinos!

September 20, 2013 - 1:21 pm

Rima - Lovely colours and use of light, great shots!

September 20, 2013 - 2:00 pm

rahul - Beautiful set, love their outfits and colours!

September 20, 2013 - 3:57 pm

Jim - Looks like a fun couple. Not even the rain can bring them down. Nice work!

September 20, 2013 - 5:05 pm

Brittany - Oh goodness the colours here are wonderful. I adore your ability to capture just the connection between the two of them in such an important time of their lives. Wonderful.

September 23, 2013 - 3:52 am

Hilary Mercer - Oh gosh do those make me miss Florida. Her dress is amazing and she looks amazing in it. The water seems so warm I could jump in. Love the colors and how they pop!

September 23, 2013 - 4:17 pm

dylan - great family portraits!!

September 25, 2013 - 5:55 pm

Meredith Sledge - THAT LAST ONE!!! OH MY GOSH.

September 28, 2013 - 11:06 pm

britney gardner - Lovely session! I love how cute they are together.

September 29, 2013 - 9:13 pm

Whitney Bilodeau - This couple just is radiant with warmth & love!! Can’t get enough of this session!

October 6, 2013 - 11:02 am

Cassandra – Aruba Photographers - Lovely! Love the locations and love how you obviously made this couple feel relaxed. It shows and in the images! Love the shot in the rain!